MSH is considering sending a team (maybe 2) to the USA Hockey Special Hockey Classic on November 17th – 19th. A little more information can be found here: https://myevents.usahockey.com/2023-usa-hockey-special-hockey-classic-
Please read this information to know and understand the expectations:
Player and volunteer registration is open for the 2023-24 season! Follow all the steps in the registration pages to complete your registration. Please read the registration page carefully. The registration page contains a lot of important information.
Player registration: https://www.mnspecialhockey.org/playerregistration
Volunteer registration: https://www.mnspecialhockey.org/coachesapply
- For the first time since 2006, MN Special Hockey has slightly increased its player registration fees to $125. This increase helps MN Special Hockey's continued rising costs of jerseys, ice time, transportation, and many other costs incurred throughout the season. There is a section in the player registration to complete if a player requires financial assistance with the registration fee.
- Replacement jersey costs are $65.
- Replacement and new jerseys (first order) have been sent to the manufacturer. MSH does not know when the next order will be completed but will likely be in January.
- Replacement sock costs are $13 – Green and White ones are available for purchase in the registration. The first sock order was already sent to the manufacturer. MSH does not know when the next order will be completed, but will likely be in January.
- If you are a player born in or before 2006 you must have your SafeSport Training or Accommodation completed by October 15th in order to participate in the first practice!
- All coach and volunteer requirements (including Safesport training and background checks) must be completed by October 15th in order to participate in the first practice!
Fire Sale! Stop by the table at the St. Louis Park clinic at the SLP Rec Center this Sunday, October 1st starting at 10:00am and take advantage of a great sale on MSH apparel. Youth and adult sizes available, while supplies last.
Short sleeve shirts - $5
Long sleeve shirts - $10
Golf shirts- $20
1/4 zip, long sleeve shirts - $20
Need equipment for the upcoming season? On Saturday, October 7th, thousands of pieces of donated used equipment will be available for free to players at the Xcel Energy Center. Look through sticks, bags, skates, and other items you may need. Doors open at 10:00am and the event closes promptly at noon. Enter through the main entrance (Gate 1) off of Kellogg Boulevard.
During the registration process you will receive email receipts for completion of every step. This includes USA Hockey, Minnesota Special Hockey, Background Check and SafeSport Training/Accommodation. If something is missing this is a good way to confirm completion. If you do not receive these confirmation emails, steps may need to be completed again.