- 5:00pm-10:00pm cdt
Minnesota Special Hockey Players and Families: As summer ends, the Hockey Season is getting geared up! One of the highlights of our year is the ability for MN Special Hockey players and families to participate in the MN Disabled Hockey Night at a Wild game in St. Paul. In addition, this night is also a GREAT fund raising opportunity for MN Special Hockey via our support of program sales. We have a couple opportunities for MN Special Hockey players and families to participate and volunteer. All people participating will also get free tickets to this game! PLEASE NOTE that this year the event is on a SATURDAY!
Date: Saturday, September 27th before 5:00. This time is when everyone must arrive to get into the arena. Late arrivals may miss the opportunity. The game starts at 7:00.
Where: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN.
What: MN Wild vs. The Winnipeg Jets
What we need:
1. We are in need of approx. 25 volunteers to sell programs at this event. We need a combination of players and non-players (including adults!) Selling programs is a lot of fun. Once completed (around the end of the 1st period), you get to sit down and enjoy the rest of the game!
2. Once again, MN Special Hockey will be showcased via a short exhibition game to be played in between periods (not sure which one). For this we will need 12 players and 3 coaches.
Next Steps: Please respond back to me if you are interested in volunteering / participating in this GREAT event:
Specifically, I need to know if you are interested in volunteering to sell programs at this event and also if you are interested in skating (Players and Coaches) between periods. Once all volunteers have been gathered, we will be putting together a list of those that will be skating and those who will be selling programs. In the event we have more than 12 players wanting to skate, the criteria we will use to select the skaters will be as follows:
1. If they did not skate at this event last year.
2. If they have never skated at this event in prior years.
3. Draw names from a hat.
Each volunteer that participates as a program seller at this event will receive one free ticket to the game. Each MSHA Player / Coach that skates in this event will receive one free ticket plus one ticket for an additional family member. As with prior years, we MAY have the opportunity to receive additional tickets. Please also include how many tickets you would ideally like to have for your family. This is a Saturday game, extra tickets might be hard to get for family members. Once we have all of the info, we will communicate tickets details.
Please let me know by email before Sunday, September 21st, if you can join us for this fun night at the MN Wild!
- Xcel Energy Center
- Event Category: Meeting, Game